Additionally, this notice provides information as to the available data subject rights. Aware360 is committed to user trust, security, and respect for privacy.
Scope of Services
Aware360 offers a suite of customized security services, including, but not limited to:
- GoAware: Real Time Social Distancing Reminders and Business Continuity Solution
- SafetyAware: Lone Worker Safety Software
- OnSiteAware: Contractors, Trades and Employee Safety Solution
- LifeSaver Mobile: Enterprise-Ready Distracted Driving Solution
- iDriveAware: App-Based Driver Behavior Software
- Aware4Duty: impairment and Fatigue Management Software
- Digital Overdose Response System (DORS)
For more detailed information about the nature of our services, see https://aware360.com/
These services are referenced collectively in this Policy as the “Services”.
What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “personal information” refers to information that relates directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable individual (this does not include business contact information, such as name, position name, title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number, except as required by applicable law).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The data we process about you depends on who you are and how we interact with you. The personal information that we collect about you varies depending on your interactions and touchpoints with us, including from our website (www.aware360.com), from the individuals to whom the data relates (via mobile applications—SafetyAware and iDriveAware and smart devices), and directly from our clients via our platform.
Personal information collected on behalf of clients
The nature of our Services requires us to collect personal information on behalf of our clients in accordance with client instructions, which depending on the Service may include:
- Information about client employees, including name, and contact information, including telephone number, device ID, and email address
- Information regarding the location of client employees, contractors, and visitors at client facilities, precise or generic geolocation data depending on the solution or device employed
- Hazard alerts about client employees, contractors, and visitors
- Information about health and safety risks, reporting and compliance of client employees and contractors
- Information about driving conduct of client employees or contractors
- Information about impairment or fatigue of client employees
- Other information as required to provide the Services
Our clients are responsible to administer, maintain and protect personal information collected on their behalf. Wherever possible, we collect personal information with consent. Personal information may be collected without consent in accordance with applicable law.
Personal information collected via browsing our website
When you use our website, or engage or request our Services, we may collect your name, email address, address, phone number and other contact information and other information you choose to provide about your request for services. The information collected will be limited to what is required for the product or service.
When you browse our websites we collect information about you, some of which is collected automatically, including using cookies and other similar tracking technologies on our websites and Services including web beacons, pixels, and software tokens. We also collect aggregated website usage data, including form analysis, engagement rate, and clickthrough information. The aggregated data we collect is de-identified.
We may collect your name, email address, address, phone number and other contact information and other information you choose to provide about your request for services. The information collected will be limited to what is required for the product or service.
A cookie is a packet of data that is sent and stored in your browser or on your computer. Cookies keep track of your visits and activities on a website to help improve your experience on the site. Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete them (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Keep in mind that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Consent to Privacy Notice Terms
By using our Services or registering to receive email communications from us, you acknowledge and consent to the use of personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
What are the Uses and Purposes of the Personal Information?
The reasons that we process personal information depend on who you are and how we interact with you. For example, the purposes we use personal information will differ from whether you are a customer or if you visit website. Below, we provide the purposes and uses for the personal information we collect.
- Providing, Securing and Supporting our Services
- Establishing, maintaining, coordinating, upgrading, or otherwise supporting the Services requested or engaged by a client, including targeting of Services to specific client needs.
- Managing and maintaining client accounts, including processing billing information.
- Coordinating any authorized service providers who we use for marketing services, managing our customer database, the provision of professional services, and providing and managing the Services.
- Maintaining or analyzing the functioning of the website or online services.
- Communicating with You
- Communications regarding the establishment, operation, or discontinuation of any Services.
- Communications relating to marketing, re-marketing, surveys, or other email communications, including where we have obtained consent to send such communications if required, to provide personalized experiences and offers about relevant products and services that we think you will be interested in based on your browsing history.
- Improving our Website and Applications
- To help us understand usage patterns and other activities on our websites and Services, to assist with website and Service development, diagnose potential issues or enhance usability and security.
- To perform analytics on the usage of our sites and services.
- Complying with legal requirements
- Where we reasonably believe that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, to respond to a governmental request, to detect, prevent or aggress fraud or other security concerns, to protect against personal or property harm, or where necessary to obtain legal or other professional advice.
- Authenticating users and preventing and detecting fraud and misusing of our sites and services.
Disclosing Personal Information
We only share personal information in ways that we tell you about. We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties.
We share personal information with service providers that help us with our business activities. They only are authorized to process that information as necessary and as directed by us.
Required by Law
If we are required to disclose personal information as part of a legal process, we will take commercially reasonable steps to inform you as part of that process. We may also be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by government authorities, including requests from national security agencies or law enforcement.
Safety, fraud prevention, government requests and protection of our rights are all reasons where we may share personal information where we believe in good faith it is necessary.
International Data Transfers
Personal information collected by us may be accessed or stored outside of the jurisdiction in which it is collected, where it may be subject to access or disclosure to governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law.
How Do We Secure Personal Information?
We are committed to protecting personal information to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks. We take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information that we collect and hold, including physical, administrative, technical and security measures. We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
How Long Do We Retain Personal Information?
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law or contract.
In some cases, we will comport with specific legislative requirements in keeping the data for a certain number of years. The criteria in which we determine how long we keep the personal information may depend, for example, on the lifespan of the individual or the subject matter concerned.
Accuracy Of Personal Information
We use reasonable efforts to keep personal information collected directly from you accurate and up to date. You are responsible to provide updates to your personal information as soon as possible.
Questions, Corrections, or Requests for Access
Requests to access, correct, or delete personal information will be handled as promptly as possible, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Changes to Privacy Notice
If you have a question about this Privacy Notice, or wish to inquire about our personal information handling practices, please contact us as follows:
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.